Welcome to the CFP of the 2022 edition of Security BSides Cairo. BSides Cairo will be held 24-25th of June in the ancient city of Cairo. The 2022 edition will held virtually due to COVID-19 status in Cairo, Egypt.
Your hacker talk can be as one of the following formats:
- Short talk: 20 min + (5 to 10 min) for Q&As.
- Long talk: 40 min + (5 to 10 min) for Q&As.
- Technical Workshop: 90 minutes.
- Customized talk of your choice.
Your talk will NOT be picked IF:
- It’s a sale pitch or review of a single product.
- We cannot adequate assess your submission.
Submissions will be reviewed by our CFP Review Board and will be chosen on a “number of votes” basis. The submitted application and slides must be in English. The talk can be in English or Arabic.
Topics of interest are (of course not limited to):
- Binary exploitation.
- Vulnerability hunting.
- Reverse engineering.
- Hardware security.
- Network security.
- Web security.
- Mobile security.
- Digital forensics.
- Applied cryptography.
- Secure coding.
- Social engineering.
- Malware analysis.
- Defensive and offensive strategies.
- Wireless security.
After the CFP deadline, our review board have 1 month to look over all submissions and give a score to each proposal. A rejection and an acceptance lists will be built based on the given scores. The proposals with the highest score will move to the first batch of acceptance notice and strong rejections will be immediately sent out too.
The board allows 1 week for the accepted proposals’ speakers to respond. If the accepted speaker doesn’t respond, doesn’t want to or can’t attend anymore, the board will move on with the next highest scored proposals in the acceptance list. Once the conference program is full, the board starts to provide feedback for the remaining submissions. We hope to manage notifying all the confirmed speakers at least 2 months before the conference date. The final agenda and talks and workshops abstracts will be out by May 1, 2022!
If you have any doubt or question about the CFP, please reach out to us via email or Twitter.
- Talks/Workshops submissions due: Sunday, February 13, 2022, 11:59 PM EET.
- Early feedback notification: Sunday, March 13, 2022.
- Author responses due: Sunday, March 20, 2022.
- Final program due: Sunday, May 1, 2022.
- Conference: Friday & Saturday, June 24 & 25, 2022.
Please submit your proposals here.
Email organizers at email@example.com